Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tagine smarts!


So we did eat at Clio for our anniversary, and the food was awesome, as usual. I broke my usual meat-free lifestyle rules for the genius of Ken Oringer, and all I have to say is that everything we ate was nummy! I shared a foie gras app with a friend (no comments about gavage, I don't want to discuss it...) and the flavor combo was fantastic. But the superstar supper-star was the licorice lacquered duck with some kind of parsnip thing and fennel. They seem to blunt-dissect the skin off and crisp, then replace, it. Perfection.

I figure, if I am going to eat meat, I want it delicious.

One down spot: T ordered the chocolate dessert, which I found uninspiring. Pretty, but the test is always in the taste. I found it blah. I am wondering if there is a new pastry chef? If so, I imagine that person needs to step up his game to match the timbre of the rest of the orchestra or get out.

So, while Clio needs no more praise, particularly being that I am not a dessert person, I will state again for the record that noone has beat it yet, in my book. I still think Clio is the best restaurant in Boston, it was a lovely spot for our anniversary dinner.

As for the tagine thing: I got up from the table to the ladies' room shortly after my entree was served. When I returned, a white porcelain tagine had been placed over my dinner to keep it warm. A lovely and intelligent solution! Just another plus to the always fantastic service, I thought it was a classy and chic maneuver.



No comments:

Post a Comment