Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wakey Wakey!

SOooooooSSSSOOOOO....
sorry.
I meant to tell you all about Ghazal and then I got sidetracked with my real life.
Which has been busy, but good. Thanks for asking.

The short take on Ghazal on Centre St. in Jamaica Plain: It was good. Better than its neighbor which also serves Indian food. Which is a double-edged sword: on one hand, I used to really enjoy Bukhara - but then, recently, it got a heinously bad report from the Boston health commision (reinspection was better, tho, to be fair...).

SO, then I was bummed out about Bukhara. But I am not about to eat there anytime soon. Then, along came Ghazal to save the day.

We had Naan. We also devoured a delectable but not-too-sweet Peshawari Naan, after a super tasty, crispy, spicy Bhel (I am kind of obsessed with chaat, so finidng a place in Boston that will serve it is a sheer joy) for an appetizer. The chutneys were good, although I was craving something... stronger. For mains we enjoyed classics I often order: a Saag, a Paneer Korma, and some spicy ground lamb. All tasty, piping hot, and served with a smile.

The service we enjoyed at Ghazal was exceptionally good - the waiter was pleasant, not overbearing, not overly stiff, and didn't rush us.

My take on Ghazal in JP: the food seemed less fatty, with generous protein portions, and a cleaner bill of health than other Indian food in the area. The service was super pleasant. And they serve chaat dishes as apps! A winner. Not expensive. You should go. Prob amongst the best Indian food I have had in Boston, the more I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment